4.26.2010

Felt Playhouse (finished!)

I did it! I finished Henry's 1st birthday present. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself right about now, this was a lot of work (fun work, but work none-the-less). To complete the playhouse I took my four panels and sewed them together to make a slipcover for our card table. This way it is easy to pull out when Henry wants to play, and equally easy to put away when he doesn't. I can't wait to give it to him on Thursday! (Felt Playhouse inspiration found here).

Full home tour below:

FRONT:

TOP:

Flowers in flower pot (with pipe cleaner stems):

Mailbox (I still need to make Henry some felt mail):

GARDEN:

Corn:

Apples (secured to tree with velcro):

Carrots:

WINDOW/ANIMAL PANEL:

Drawn curtain:

Owl:

Bee (for my Wee Bee):

Bird (silhouette found here):

Baseball panel (with baseball card pockets):

I have plans to make Henry a harvest basket, but his rocket bucket will have to do for now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HENRY...on Thursday!

7 comments:

homemade by jill said...

very cute! I'm sure your son will love it.

Julie said...

Wow! that was a lot of work. Nice job!

Toni said...

So cute! Love all of the details

Anonymous said...

Super impressive! How fun and what a great idea!

Tanya said...

SO CUTE! I love that it has all those different activities and can also be put away when not in use. You are so creatively talented!

Colette said...

Katie - it's absolutely fabulous! Love it!

Denise Feil said...

It's so cute, I want to play in it!!!